Shandong Weiqiao Pioneering Group is a global leader in the aluminum and textile industries. WEIQIAO Germany GmbH, located in Düsseldorf, serves as the European headquarters of Shandong Weiqiao Pioneering Group.
The Weiqiao European Technology and Innovation Center (hereinafter referred to as the “research center”) was established by WEIQIAO Germany GmbH in 2022. It is built upon the robust industrial foundation and domestic research and development system of the Weiqiao Group. Leveraging local advantages, the company aims to strengthen collaboration with renowned European universities, research institutions, and well-known enterprises. The goal is to bridge the international and domestic “industry, university, research, and investment” chains and become a European advanced industrial applied research institution and talent base in line with international standards. Due to business expansion, WEIQIAO Germany is looking for an experienced and dynamic Material Engineer to join our team.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Establish R&D system, set up R&D team and promote R&D work according to local characteristics and the R&D needs of the Group
- Managing the full life cycle of projects related to the research center, including conducting major project demonstrations, project applications, planning and preparation, execution control, and summarization and acceptance.
- Cooperate with the R&D organization within the Group to carry out international R&D cooperation
- Responsible for connecting with external partners, establishing and maintaining relationships with European industry associations and research institutions
We are looking for candidates who possess the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. or above in metals, metallurgy, materials science, materials engineering or related fields; aluminum expertise is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in related fields; research project management experience is preferred
- Highly self-motivated and passionate about academics and research
- Results-oriented with a clear sense of purpose
- Strong independence and teamwork spirit
- Fluent communication skills in German and English, strong intercultural abilities
We offer you:
- Opportunities to participate in international cooperation programs in both China and Europe
- Systematic career development and training programs in Inland und Ausland
- Competitive salary
- Independent working opportunities with enough freedom for R&D orientation
- Excellent working environment and location
Please send your application documents (cover letter, resume, portfolio, expected salary, and earliest availability) via email to:
WEIQIAO Germany GmbH
Telefon: +49 (0) 211 0159 8838